northgate street, warwick
The Grade II / II* Northgate Street was rebuilt after the Great Fire of 1694 and our client, Ash Mill Developments Ltd, secured permission to convert and develop the former County Council offices into eighteen town houses.
The whole site lies within Warwick’s Conservation Area, and was described by the architectural historian Alec Clifton-Taylor in 1985 as, ‘The finest 18th century street in the Midlands’.
Adjacent to the Collegiate Church of St Mary, this is a key focal part of the town.
The development comprises eleven ‘William and Mary’ to ‘mid-Georgian’ houses along the entire eastern side of Northgate Street, three ‘Regency’ houses on the northern side of Northgate Place, two ‘pavilion’ houses and two brand new homes on the western continuation of Northgate Place.
The master plan reinstates large gardens to the majority of the houses, while creating a new access road from the rear of the development to give off-street, private parking for each property.